Sunday, April 1, 2012

My privilege of being a wife and mother

Welcome! Witam!


Don't get me wrong from the description of this blog. I love my family.
My husband, Ryan, is an International Relations graduate student at the University of Warsaw in Poland, courtesy of a Fulbright grant.


My son, Paul, is an intelligent four-year-old, who has picked up the basics of reading, quickly grasps spatial relationships, loves video games and makes us smile with his quirky comments and enthusiasm for new things.


Earlier this year, we were blessed with a new addition named Martin, who had the unique opportunity to be an American citizen born in Poland. He brings us joy in his smiles and by simply being cute.


And finally, here is a picture of me with Paul awhile back.


Part of the reason I set up this blog is that it frustrates me that, like many other mothers, it seems like my individual abilities and interests get lost in the public image of my relationship with my family. I also do not think I identify with the common perception of motherhood: cooking, cleaning, play dates, crafts, scrapbooking, etc. I would love to hear from mothers who feel the same way.

I do talk about my husband and sons a lot and I often share fun information from our recent history. However, I also like to share thoughts and artwork regarding psychology (my current major), computers, video games, Blender (a fantastic free 3d modeling program), fantasy novels, movies, RiverMyst (our family software company), current software projects, medicine, politics, crime, language and ideas I have to more easily organize time and items.

To get started, I would like to share my first unique 3d model render:


The logo was designed by my sister, Kirsti, and I learned to create a 3d version using a tutorial from Blender Guru.

2 comments:

  1. I can definitely relate--though I do like crafts. ;-) I'm looking forward to seeing your posts on here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I guess I should concede a little. There are some crafts I enjoy: primarily crocheting, cross-stitching, quilting and sewing. The reason I say I don't like crafts is that there are many I don't like. If I quilt, it has to be in geometrical shapes. No cute scenes. I can't stand lace or other frills. Also, do not expect me to enjoy taking a toilet paper tube and turning it into a Christmas tree angel. No embroidery. However, simple or mathematical is usually okay.

      Delete