Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Peter and Evynne Hollens and Lindsey Stirling

Please forgive me for taking so long to post again. It's been several weeks for a few reasons.

First, we attended the Battle of the Nations in Warsaw, Poland, with our D&D friends. We attended on the 3rd of May, where we watched 1 vs. 1 fights, jousting, all vs. all and a fire show. We missed most of the 5 vs. 5 fights.
Here is a YouTube video taken on the 1st of May of an all vs. all fight. 


The following Wednesday, the two boys and I flew home from Warsaw to the United States, but we were stuck in Newark, NJ overnight, arriving home the following evening. It has been a busy week since then.

In the meantime, I've started participating on Pinterest, thanks to the recommendation of my mother. While looking up pictures for the video game, Skyrim, I came across a video done by Peter Hollens and Lindsey Stirling:



I immediately fell in love with this video. The only instrument is Lindsey's violin. The rest is a cappella by Peter, the lyrics along with the background vocals. I love the theme of Skyrim, but this video did a great job with vocals, instrument and cinematography.

Peter Hollens has also done a cappella work with his wife, Evynne. Here is a video of them performing The Prayer:



I love seeing collaboration on projects by a husband and wife team and Peter and Evynne certainly perform well together.

In the meantime, Lindsey Stirling has done other videos as well. Here is one where she performs Silent Night in Salt Lake City:


I don't know about you, but I love music videos. You are likely to see future posts featuring more.

No comments:

Post a Comment